Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George

I Hole up in a Snowstorm - I Get Started
In what ways did Sam prepare himself for his new life?

Vocabulary:
wick (4)
inspired (5)
departure (11)
congregate (13)

I Find Gribley's Farm - The Old, Old Tree
What are some of the edible substances that Sam has discovered?

Vocabulary:
independent (24)
migration (25)
discouraging (29)
vague (32)

I Meet One of My Own Kind - I Learn to Season My Food
Describe the various human interactions that Sam has had up to this point.

Vocabulary:
reaped (39)
awkward (46)
savory (47)
furious (51)

How a Door Came to Me - Frightful Learns Her ABC's
Sam is not surviving on wild materials alone.  What "tools of civilization" does he use?

Vocabulary:
poaching (56)
confined (58)
bachelor (62)
content (63)

I Find a Real Live Man
Why do you think Sam feels so much loneliness when Bando departs?

Vocabulary:
preening (68)
arose (76)
dull (81)

The Autumn Provides - We All Learn About Halloween
How does Sam deal with the winter's loneliness?  Who attends his "party"?

Vocabulary:
abandoned (87)
cargo (89)
ventilate (93)
tether (94)

I Find Out What To Do About Hunters - I Pile Up Wood
What are some of the things Sam does to prepare for the coming snows?

Vocabulary:
mentally (103)
buck (103)
superb (107)
anxious (111)

I Learn About Birds and People
How does Sam's father react to his new life?  What feelings does his father have?

Vocabulary:
bleak (116)
absorbent (120)
serenade (124)
temptation (125)

I Have a Good Look At Winter
In what ways do the plants and animals survive, or perish, during the winter?

Vocabulary:
fatigue (132)
insulation (135)
tempting (143)

The Beggining of the End - The City Comes to Me

In the end, why doesn't Sam end up alone with his solitude?

Vocabulary:
sociable (152)
informative (157)
forum (159)
deserted (171)  

No comments:

Post a Comment